I can’t believe that we’ve officially entered the second half of the year. It seems like just the other day that we were doing a countdown to welcome in 2014!
Nevertheless, I’m embracing it with a few “mid-year resolutions” one of which is to stick to the goals I set myself as far as my blog goes.
That being said, I’m starting up a new installment (for lack of a better word) called: “Life At A Glance…” It will include a collage of some snaps that I’ve taken throughout the month. Some will lead to longer blog posts, while others won’t. What they have in common though is that each one means something to me.
So without further ado, here is the first “Life At A Glance…”
Clockwise from top left:
- It was my brother’s birthday on 28 June. He is my younger (and only) brother. Often he drives me crazy, but I wouldn’t trade him for the world.
- My dad would have celebrated his 59th birthday on 28 June as well. Sadly, he passed away nearly three years ago, but he is always remembered on this day like every other.
- This month marked a year since my best friend left for the USA to get married. I can’t wait to see her (hopefully) later this year.
- My sister-in-law gave birth to our (second) super cute niece on 17 June. Welcome to the family and the world aunty’s poppet!
- The Soccer World Cup kicked off this month and I drew Argentina in the pool we have going at work. They play their knock-out match this evening, so I’m keeping everything crossed for the boys in blue.
- Granville and I visited Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens earlier in the month. This photo was taken from the Boomslang Tree Top Canopy Walk.
- June is a month of birthdays in our family. We celebrated my mom’s with some good Mexican cuisine at Fat Cactus, Mowbray.
- Granville and I headed to the village of Greyton for a weekend getaway. This was the view of our accommodation from the bed (where I was curled up under the blankets when taking the photo).